Recent Posts

jlph62
on 2/6/10 7:39 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: Thank You to all for well wishes for surgery
I am so thanful for an absolutely awesome surgery team headed by Dr. Bock and the great nursing team from Overlake Hospital in Bellevue.  I was treated with such respect and dignity I thought I was already at least a size 10   lololol.....
Had a few complications but they were handled so well without making the family go into a panic.  Everyone knew I was having troubles but had complete faith in the medical team that God had put together for me. 
Joanne
LisaAnn
on 2/6/10 5:41 am - WA
Topic: RE: Support Group- Marysville
Nice to see so many up North this way!!!! I am also going to try to attend next month too!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

StillTammy
on 2/6/10 2:32 am - Langley, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??

I'm told that the the staple line disruption on non-transected stomachs is not as rare as you would think.  Over the years, they've found that when you transect the tummy, the scar tissue grows over the staple line making it stronger and very unlikely to come apart.   It's also unclear whether the pouch was left to large in the first place or whether I stretched it out.  Suppose I could have a great match of words with my surgeon regarding that ;-)  Anyhow, from what I've heard, my insurance company will look at it as an initial surgery so I jump through all the hoops that everyone else does to appease the insurance company.  That's what I'm expecting but I can always hope for the best, right?

Anyhow, that's my story and until late July, I stick to my low carb, go in and test for my sleep apnea and follow my Dr and Dieticians orders for the next six months.  I've waited longer for less.

T

Tammy Lee 

StillTammy
on 2/6/10 2:09 am, edited 2/6/10 2:10 am - Langley, WA
Topic: RE: Anyone on Whidbey Island?

Woo Hoo! A neighbor.  Used to have facebook, but it was too much to keep up with.  Probably will make again in the future.  Do have personal email at [email protected].  I'm in Langley and work at Boeing in Everett.  Had my original surgery in April of 02 and looking for revision to repair a staple line disruption and a too-large pouch. 

Any idea what time that support group is?

T

Tammy Lee 

-kimber-
on 2/5/10 2:22 pm - Burlington, WA
Topic: RE: Anyone on Whidbey Island?
I am from Oak Harbor, My husband and I have both have had gastric bypass.

I read a newspaper about a support group but havent gone.

Every 2nd Monday of the Month at Lutheran Church in Oak Harbor, Contact name is Pat  360-675-8877.

Do you have facebook? I do if you want to add me.

Kimber

Highest 418 lbs 12/04/2007- Surgery 336 lbs 11/11/08 -Goal Weight 180 lbs
sppollock
on 2/5/10 1:59 pm
Topic: RE: Has anyone used Dr Moonka or Dr Thirlby?
I just had a revision with Dr. Thirlby, he is very good, very careful and will tell you what needs to be done up front. 
kayakinbum
on 2/5/10 1:15 pm - Seattle, WA
VSG on 02/23/10 with
"the real Lakewood" that made me LOL

BMI: 55.2/46.6/25 (Start/Current/Goal)

Mrs-stick
on 2/5/10 12:10 pm - Orting, WA
Topic: RE: Regence through Boeing??
Wow Tammy,
That hopefully is a very rare thing. Your time line is about the same time as yours. So maybe we can walk together. Did you have any other problems when you had your first surgery? Will they do the same surgery this time? ~Diane
lacres81
on 2/5/10 12:02 pm - silvana, WA

I am so sorry I missed this info, I have been in search of a local support group, I live in Lakewood- the real Lakewood- and had surgery in July, 2009. I will put this in my calendar for March- Maybe a little late as i get off work at 6pm and work in south Everett.

Thanks,
Kim

Lacres81

mattysmamma
on 2/5/10 9:57 am - Battle Ground , WA
VSG on 04/01/08 with
Topic: Atena?
Hi Again!

Now Im asking a question for me! I had asked about good Seattle area surgeons for a dear friend needing info on the sleeve. Now Im hoping that someone can tell me if you have Atena coverage through an individual plan in WA? Im a stay at home mommy and currently use BCBS who does NOT cover plastics of any kind. Was wondering if any WA State ins covers a tummy tuck, lower body lift and boobie help?

Thanks again! XO!

~Janelle~  Fish 1 

Most Active